FOR THE BROWNIE BASE:
· 1 cup walnuts
· 1 1/4 cups Medjool dates
· 1/2 cup cocoa powder
· A pinch of salt
FOR THE DRAGONFRUIT SWIRL:
· 1 cup chopped dragon fruit
· 1/2 cup raspberries
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER:
· 2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
· 3/4 cup coconut cream (cream from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk)
· 6 tablespoons coconut oil
· 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Line an 8×8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the walnuts, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
3. Using your fingers or the back of a large spoon, press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
5. In a small saucepan, add the dragon fruit, raspberries, and maple syrup on medium heat stirring for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until the fruit breaks down into a syrup. Set aside.
6. Blend the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in the food processor until smooth.
7. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan, spreading evenly.
8. Next, add dollops of the dragon fruit sauce on top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, begin to make “figure eights” or swirls through the cheesecake layer, until you achieve your desired marble look.
9. Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours to firm up.
10. Serve frozen or allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes for a softer texture.